A comprehensive overview of Drupal's backend and hands on activities geared to helping you create custom modules to extend Drupal 8's core features.
One Day Online plus 2 online follow-up sessions - $399
Friday, November 8, 2019
9.30 - 10 AM - Intros & Class Agenda
10 AM - 12.30 PM - Morning Session
12.30 - 1.30 PM - Lunch Break
1.30 PM - 4 PM - Afternoon Session
Plus we'll schedule a two-and-a-half hour online remote follow up session.
And then we'll schedule a two-and-a half hour online remote office hours session.
This course assumes you're an experienced site builder with Drupal 8. You know how to configure a Drupal site, but you've found limitations with what you can do with core and contributed modules. You do have experience with programming. While you don't need to be an expert in PHP, you understand the basic constructs of programming enough to work with a new language.
Drupal developers new to module development (Learners)
PHP developers new to Drupal (Newcomers)
In order to get the most out of this course you should have prior experience in site building with Drupal. A combination of Acquia's Introduction to Drupal 8 (or What’s New in Drupal 8) and Building Websites with Drupal 8 would be ideal preparation for those with prior non-Drupal experience.
- Drupal related site configuration
- Content creation and maintenance
- Site building.
- Familiarity with writing code in a text editor.
- Programming experience with PHP is preferred, but any programming experience will be helpful
By the end of the training you will be able to:
What is provided:
- Describe Drupal's hook system and development architecture
- Articulate the construction of Drupal modules
- Insert and extract data using Drupal's core database abstraction layer.
- Employ and articulate best practices, security techniques, conventions and coding standard
Please bring your own laptop computer.